Sunday, June 24, 2012

an update

As far as the blog goes, I'm still working my way through posting information for all the names. I've got some more war diaries to look through as well so I'll try and get at least a contents list put on here for them.  I have a few ideas about the 10 names that I haven't been able to pin down yet but I've decided they will have to wait until I've got the blog up to date.

I've been in contact with Rev Neil Short from St James in the City and Paul Young, a local historian who is writing a history of the church and they seem pleased with the work I'm doing here so that's very gratifying. I've had a few lovely comments left on the blog too which are always good to read. 

The people at the town hall have told me that there are so many names being added this year that there will be 2 ceremonies on the 6th Sept, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They will try and keep the group of names from St James together in one of these ceremonies.  The times etc should be set in 2 weeks so I will pass on any info then.

Amanda

No comments: